Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Gettin' it done . . .

Not "get 'er done," 'cos that's too redneck even for me.

Last night I finished my second Knuck, so theoretically that means I'm finished. Wrong! I'm going to redo the first Knuck, because the thumb gusset is a little off. I started out decreasinig every third row, but got distracted and started decreasing every other row. I have enough yarn that I'm just going to knit a whole new Knuck. My second one was way better than the first, so maybe the third will be better than the second. I've also decided what they're gonna say. I was talking to the Boy, throwing out all these ideas, and he said, "Why don't you put SHIZ KNIT?" Brilliant. (That's what I'm going to call my knitting store, after I'm independently wealthy and can knit for money).

I also finished the first sleeve on my cardigan. One more sleeve to go, then finishing work!

The other day (Saturday morning, before all the mess with my mom) I knit a cable for practice. I'm about to start on my cable knit purse. I'm kind of making up the pattern based on about twelve different patterns, but I'll post it on here when I'm finished. It's pretty easy -- at least, I think it will be. My practice cable turned out well.

Pictures of all this coming soon!!

I also want to say that my mother, though down in the dumps, is doing better. She can use a walker with help to get to the bathroom, and she was able to take a shower. I'm really eager to get home on Friday and help out . . . it still sucks not being there. I offered to teach her to knit, but I don't think her groggy, medicated mind can take it right now. I'll just have to make her presents.

Knitting love!

P.S. This is the boy, and it's how I'm gonna spend my night. It'll be fun, but it sucks because my family was supposed to go and now my mom's stuck in bed. :S

2 Comments:

Blogger BEESTLYproducts said...

Shiz Knit!!! i love it <3

Glad mom is doing a lil' better :-)

Can't wait to see the cardi!!!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Knitted_Painting said...

OMG NO WAY! that was gonna be my blogname!!(I just didn't pick it because I wasn't sure if anybody would get the "I am the ShizKnit" thing). Can I come work in your store? *big cheesey grin* =D
At least your moms at home now and not in the nasty creepy hospital (I hate them, the smell makes me sick) and she can start to recover. I'm glad she's feeling a bit better^_^
ooh I'll have to knit a lil cable for practise too..I'm still kinda doubting if I can manage to do it, it just seems so hard!
Can't wait to see the cardigan^_^

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home