Tuesday, July 25, 2006

You know what sucks . . .

Not having air conditioning. That sucks. My boyfriend got the floors redone, and for some reason when the floor guys moved out, the air didn't work any more. Granted, I could have stayed somewhere else Sunday night, but I stuck out the heat / polyurathane scent because there's no place like home, even when it makes you sweaty and stinky, and nowhere makes me feel more at home than with the boy.

It's been a busy week, so I haven't knitted much -- my little sister and our friend Chastity came to Louisville for a visit, and I've been trying to neaten the house up as much as possible. Plus the weather! I did cook last night, in celebration of green tomatoes from my grandparent's garden. I made fried green tomatoes, fried chicken and mashed potatoes. Tonight I'm making lasagna, which means I won't have to buy lunch for most of the week 'cos I'll have leftovers. I've knitted a sock and a half and a Knuck and some fingers. I want to finish one or both of these projects tonight. I REALLY need to work on a research paper, but that just isn't fun. Maybe I'll do that if I get bored at work today, since I can't knit at work.

Since I have no knitting pictures, I will share this picture of the boy. He's so darn cute I had to show him off. I wish everyone in blogland could hear him play. Until then, you can just picture him in a hand-knit sweater vest.

Peace, and much love.

1 Comments:

Blogger Knitted_Painting said...

having no aircond is my everyday world! it's seriously no fun to live in the UK in this kind of weather *sigh*
green tomatoes? hmm I don't think I've ever had any =(
Hope your feeling kooler now^_^

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home