Friday, July 28, 2006

TGIF!

I am so happy that it's Friday!

Work is kinda blah . . . today the boss (meaning the division boss, which is my boss's boss) came into my office and complimented my work. That's great, and made me feel really good and kind of embarassed (you know, the embarassment you feel when someone compliments you). Still, I think I'm going to start looking for a new job -- after the KSF I don't want to work here anymore. I could stay for the North American, but I think I'll be a lot happier back at the after-school program. It's less money, but I loved the kids and I could work on my school stuff if I didn't have anything to do -- here, I can't do that, and since I'm a senior in college I'm going to be really serious about class this fall. I wish I was independently wealthy so I didn't need a job. *Sigh*.

The good thing is that tonight, I get to see the Boy and friends play at the Jazz Factory's Late Night set. I plan to use this time to finish my Knucks. Also tonight, the bass player is supposed to bring me Immortality by Milan Kundera. I hope he doesn't forget . . . there are other things I should be reading like my LSAT book and research for my fifteen page paper, but I don't wanna. I'd rather read fiction.

Yesterday was a good day for knitting ^_^ I finished all of the increases for one of the sleeves on my cardigan, which rocks. I decided (for now) not to fix the holes in my sock, so I'm just gonna wash 'em and call them totally finished. Plus, I went to the Knit Nook where they started hosting a Stitch n Bitch on Thursday nights, and found a shrug I MUST knit. Of course, I'm not going to use Pure Silk, because there's no way I could afford it. I am instead using Debbie Bliss Cashmerino, which is luxurious enough for me. I'm going to make it in the ever-versatile black. It's definitely going to be the most complex pattern that I've tackled to date, but Kristin at the Knit Nook is going to be knitting it at the same time (in the Pure Silk . . . oh, to own a yarn store!) so I'll have a good resource to help me out if I need it.

I need to make a list of things to pick up before I go home tonight (I'm such a compulsive list-maker), so I should do that before 5:00.

Much love.

2 Comments:

Blogger Knitted_Painting said...

oh I know! wouldn't it be fantabulous to have your own craft shop of yarn store? you could be knitting things because it's your job to promote what you can make with every single type of yarn there is in your shop! *sigh*
it would be great if we could be eachothers cheerleaders again I think I'm deffinatly going to need all the help I can get with those cables ^_^

8:25 AM  
Blogger Knitted_Painting said...

p.s. I like the sound of that Milan Kundera book I'm still wanting to read "The unbearable lightness of being" have you read it yet?

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home