Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Socks and Knucks

Lots of knitting progress to report! I turned the heel on my sock last night and mananged to pick up stitches without making any holes. I never realized that turning the heel is basically the same as short row shaping, so it makes me wanna find a curvy top and go at it. I've gotten pretty far along the foot part and will take pictures soon.

I also have made Knucks progress. I've finished the thumb and the little finger . . . enough for the "gnarly" surfer hand, but not enough for a Knuck. I was distracted with a Sharpie, so I feel okay about the progress made so far. I've never knit on size 4 needles, so I'm proud of myself. I love the way the fine gauge looks. And I totally dig dpns . . . it feels like your making progress when you move on to the next needle. My Knucks, btw, are knitted in Cotton Fleece from Brown Sheep Co, color Robin's Egg Blue:

I dig it.

And that's all for now, but I'm sure more will be coming soon. I want to take a nap. I knitted on my sock during my lunch break, and now I wish I could pick it up again. Anything to do . . . work is so blah.

Much love.

1 Comments:

Blogger Knitted_Painting said...

I know! don't you just love dpns! I was actually scared of em before I started my knucks lol but I think it's fun using them! love the colour your using I like the Spryte colour and the Lime Light ^_^

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home