Thursday, July 27, 2006

Groan . . .

I have lots of stuff to do, and little motivation to do it. The last few days at work have been soooo busy, but my desk is for the most part clear so I'm not gonna fret about taking my time today. Last night after work, I went straight to bed. I didn't even eat anything. The boy was practicing all night (for about four hours), but I didn't wake up until I heard him eating leftovers. I watched a bit of Waiting for Guffman, then back to bed. Now I'm all groggy. I always hate how I feel after sleeping a lot -- just kinda gross -- but I guess I needed that sleep or I wouldn't have been in bed so long. I tend to have a lot of nightmares, so rarely is sleep restful for me.

I didn't make any knitting progress last night, but since work has me all in "Memo Mode" (I swear, I've written way too many memos lately, and I hate memos), I did make a list of all of the projects I've ever knitted and their status. Here it 'tis, my Knitting Progress Report!

#1. GO-GO GARTER STITCH SCARF from SnB
Made with Blue Sky Bulky.
FO!

#2. ZEEBY'S BAG from SnB
Made with Lamb's Pride Worsted (Oatmeal)
Needs to be blocked.

#3. RIBBED-FOR-HER-PLEASURE SCARF from SnB
Made with Lamb's Pride Worsted (Orange You Glad)
UFO -- I have no desire to work on this between now and when it gets cold.

#4. CARDIGAN from Yarn Girl's Guide to Simple Knits
Made with Lamb's Pride Worsted (Grey Heather)
Needs sleeves and finishing work.

#5. KNIT NOOK SOCKS from the Knit Nook
Made with Lamb's Pride Superwash (Serendipity Turquoise)
Needs finishing work -- and what about the holes?

#6. KNUCKS from Knitty.com
Made with Cotton Fleece (Robin Egg Blue)
Needs second Knuck (join thumb, thumb gusset, ribbed cuff), embroidery, and finishing work.

This weekend my goal is to do all of the finshing work on all of the projects that need it . . . blocking is just kind of a crappy process. My cousin is getting married on Saturday, so obviously that's gonna take up some time. And I still don't know what to wear to the wedding!! I am going to see the boy play tomorrow night, and I have to take door, so I'll probably be knitting at the show -- it'll be a perfect time to finish that Knuck. I am going to work on the cardigan tonight since it's cooler today. My friends Black Stone Cherry are playing in town tonight -- I grew up with these boys and spent lotsa days and nights in the Practice House. They just had their cd released on Roadrunner Records and they're touring the nation, which is huge for them. John Fred is seriously one of the few people from high school that I adore, (well, even like for that matter -- most people in my school sucked) and I always knew he would be a rockstar. The thing is, I'm not really in a rock'n'roll mood -- I feel so LAZY today! Still, I don't know when I'll have the chance to see these guys again, so I'll probably go out and see 'em . . . one of the few things I miss from high school is hanging out with John Fred.

I probably need to actually work now. Gross. I just feel kind of gross today in general. Too much sleep is bad for you.

Adios.
<3<3<3

2 Comments:

Blogger MsFortuknit said...

Godspeed babe! As for waiting for Guffie!! Talk about an excellent flick! I hope the energy thing happens for you soon

4:12 PM  
Blogger Knitted_Painting said...

I just cannot sleep late with this weather laying in bed is just sickening. I know what you mean though I always feel the same after sleeping too long. I hope you feel better now and that it'll be less busy at work oh and have fun at the wedding! ^_^

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home