Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Knockoff Bag

Okay, I was looking through the latest issue of In Style and saw this bag. I've wanted to branch out into cables, and this doesn't look too hard. Lani found a knockoff pattern and I definitely want to make it. I have some old wooden bangle bracelets that might be perfect for the handles, especially considering how small one of the comments said the bag was, but I'm going to go by Hobby Lobby just to check out the handles there (and also to look for buttons for my cardigan!)I think I'm going to make the bag three cables wide instead of two, like the pattern calls for -- I'm pretty sure I can figure out how to do that, and I'll get the ladies at The Knit Nook to double check my pattern before I get started.

I just noticed that the Knit Nook is having a huge yarn sale July 15. I see myself becoming very poor in the near future . . .

2 Comments:

Blogger MsFortuknit said...

Isnt Lani a total dolly!
Im so glad that you want to be a part of the exchange that is so great!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I love that purse! You will become so addicted to knitting cables after that. Its a great first cable to learn on too!

BTW, welcome to blogdom!!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home