Friday, June 23, 2006

'cos I'm punk rock!

I am officially a "punk rock knit girl" -- which is cool because I somehow stumbled across the site and that's how I got into blogspot in the first place. So for all of you other punk rock knit girls -- holla.

I've only been knitting for about two months, but I'm definitely in love. I went into a bookstore to buy a LSAT book and left with Stitch 'n Bitch. My first finished project was the "Go-Go Garter Stitch Scarf" -- my boyfriend loved it so much that I gave it to him! He's a musician, and right now it's holding his metronome (good summer usage for a scarf). I have completed "Zeeby's Bag" and am in the process of sewing it together. It turned out okay, but it's definitely not uber professional. I'm a little over halfway finished with the "Ribbed-for-her-pleasure Scarf" in Brown Sheep Company's Lamb's Pride Bulky "Orange You Glad" . . . it's sexy.

My most exciting knitting news is that just this week I bought yarn for my first cardigan -- a simple little number I saw hanging in my LYS (The Knit Nook -- if you're ever in the Louisville area check it out!). I loooooove cardigans and can't wait to get started. I bought a different yarn than the pattern calls for, and am currently trying to figure out what size needles I need to use. I also bought my first pair of addi Turbo's and I'm *amazed* at how fast I can knit with them! The lesson -- BUY ADDI TURBOS! I was afraid of using circular needles since they're so small -- the shortest needle I've used up 'til now has been 13 inches -- but I they're the greatest.

As soon as I save 'em to my computer, I'll post the pictures of my first project -- it's just a simple little scarf, but dammit, I was so proud when I finished it!

Love!

1 Comments:

Blogger MsFortuknit said...

Its just cuz your so bloody cool Tawn! hahah Im glad that your so stoaked about knitting and having such a blast with it all!
Feel free to ask any of us anything that you need,k? Everyone on Lani and Suzi's pages are great!

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home